We start your adventure with three nights at Tafika Camp, based in South Luangwa National Park in Zambia in one of the most remote corners of the park. Off the beaten track, this beautiful and authentic camp is beautifully run by John and Carol Coppinger. Real and immersive, explore the Park by 4 x 4, mountain bike and on foot, or take an opportunity to visit the Mkasanga Village where the Tafika Fund supports local schools and clinics.
We have combined this with the equally remote Mwaleshi Camp in the vast North Luangwa National Park. This is a place like no other, you will barely see another tourist, and if you have a sense of adventure you will certainly benefit from a walking safari here. An intimate camp of only 4 chalets, this is exclusivity plus. Superb wildlife viewing is assured here and the successful re-introduction of black rhino to the park, increases the chance of seeing these wonderful animals.
Zambia’s main attraction is the chance to not only drive but walk through some of the most stunning landscapes in both the North and South Luangwa National Parks. Zambia is the home of walking safaris, and it takes your experience into the next level of immersion, connecting so much deeper into nature.
Your itinerary includes:
• All safari accommodation on a full-board basis including laundry All safari activities on a shared basis at Tafika and Mwaleshi Camp, including all wildlife-viewing activities (Tafika: morning and afternoon/evening wildlife drives, walking safaris, mountain biking, and visits to Mkasanga village; Mwaleshi: walking safaris only)
• All Park and conservation fees
• All local drinks on safari (except champagnes and premium brands)
• International flights to Lusaka, Zambia
• Internal domestic flights and transfers to camps
• Visa (can be purchased on arrival for US $50 per person)
• Travel insurance
• Gratuities for guides / drivers / lodge
• Items of a personal nature, such as additional activities, premium beverages and tips
• Any new changes to government taxes or levies that are beyond our control
• Terms: this prize must be taken within one year of the Autumn Dinner, i.e. before 15 November 2019, may not be taken during August and is subject to availability. This cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash. Use of private guide is subject to availability
Donated by Wild Philanthropy and Journeys by Design